Sa flag ceremonies sa City Hall noong Lunes ng umaga, masayang ipinaliliwanag kay City Mayor Vicente B. Amante ni SPO4 Edwin P. Goyena, Station Guidon Bearer, ang kahulugan ng PNP Unit Streamer na iginawad sa San Pablo City PNP Station ni Police Chief Superintendent Roland dela Cruz Añonuevo, Police Regional Director, sa pagdiriwang ng ika-19 anibersaryo ng pagkakatatag ng pambansang pulisiya na ginanap sa Camp Vicente P. Lim kamakailan bilang “Model City Transformation Program Awardee” sa CALABARZON para sa Taong 2009. (Ruben E. Taningco)
What is now known as Doña Leonila (Mini-Forest) Park overlooking the Sampaloc Lake is actually a portion of the site for the City Hall Complex purchased in 1937 by the Municipal Government of San Pablo headed by President Inocencio Barleta, which was partly developed after the termination of World War II under the administration of appointed City Mayor, Dr. Fernando A. Bautista. During the incumbency of elected Mayor Lauro D. Dizon Sr., with the help of the Rotary Club of San Pablo, and under the supervision of Dr. Juan B. Hernandez, then club secretary of the local Rotary Club and Chairman of the City Beautification Committee, constructed some park structures at the park, with the fountain featuring the country lass with agriculture harvest as centerpiece. Probably, Hernandez and then City Engineer Perfecto Reyes were inspired by the figures affixed on the façade of the City Hall Building which symbolizes progress. Sometimes on April of 1961 when then President Carlos Garcia made a
Comments
Post a Comment